Are you implementing an in-house agency?
I’m sure many of you have read Forrester’s recent report titled ‘Agency Holding Companies need a brave new business model’
Lots of interesting points, not just the WPPs and Publicis of the world.
It highlights the growth of agency in-house teams - a increase by over 50% in the past decade.
At CreateFuture we embrace this. We’ve always believed that businesses shouldn’t outsource their core capability (or the fun!).
We wanted to work alongside in-house agencies. We do this in a number of ways:
- Adding value on the trickier, out-of-the ordinary challenges, not BAU
- A fresh, outside perspective
- Specialist skills that aren’t needed every day
- Additional brainpower and moral support only
- A shot-in-the arm when things just need a bit more energy
- Crossing the bridge between strategy and in-house production / development
- Actually co-designing how the internal teams work - how they’re structured and how they collaborate
- Helping them to think and be more agile
I’ve seen this happen before (yes, I’m that old). And usually it goes too far and then swings the other way.
I believe that this is the right model for the cost savings alone. But it’s not without its challenges which include attracting talent and overcoming a legacy of tactical execution.
Let me know your thoughts - I’d love to hear from any CMOs or Marketing Directors who are trying to make this happen.